Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Trailer by Edward Lorn

24863425
 
If you’re currently residing in an Arctic Tundra where the daily snowfall is measured in feet rather than inches, you might want to put Trailer away until the Spring melt . . .

Commercial Photography

But if you’re lucky enough to live in flyover country where the daily temps have been hovering around the 70 degree mark, you’re probably ready to feel a little chill.

And what a chill you will feel. Right down your spine. This story is only 16 pages long, so I’m not going to give much away. As the blurb says: “The less you know, the better.”I will say that I hate short stories. Almost as much as I hate that godawful Zulily ad that pops up every time I log on to Goodreads with the chubster in the white stretch pants. As a chubby woman I can say the following with respect to the okay-ness of that outfit: IT’S NOT!

Now where was I? Oh yeah, hating shorts with a fiery passion. Somehow Edward Lorn makes these brief glimpses into his characters’ lives feel so much longer than a few pages. Not to mention the fact that his momma obviously didn’t teach him to write about no sissies . . .

Commercial Photography

Hell yes, she will. I’ll never look at “cranberries floating in cream” the same way again . . . but I might tell my husband to give this one a little gander and then offer him up a bowl full if he torks me off ; )

You want to know the best part about reading something by Edward Lorn? One of these days I’ll be able to say “I knew him when.” It’s not a question of IF he’ll make it big. It’s a matter of WHEN he’ll make it big.

DISCLAIMER: I know Edward Lorn. I’m proud to call him my friend. I don’t rate his books due to this relationship (but if I had a gun to the head moment and had to rate this one I’d give it all 5).

This story was Kelly tested and Mitchell approved!

Commercial Photography

“Come on,” he said. “It’ll be fun,” he said. “We’ll both do the ducklips!”
Never trust a pig!

No comments:

Post a Comment