Friday, January 25, 2019

The Orphan Master's Son by Adam Johnson


11529868
2 Stars

“A John Doe has an exact identity. It’s just yet to be discovered.”
Well looky looky I completed the Winter Reading Challenge and received my major award . . . .



My final destination on “Passport to Everywhere” was everyone’s favorite dream vacay destination . . . .



And with a Pulitzer Winner even! I know what you’re thinking, and my response to you is . . .



Or not because I read this one supah wrong and thought it was booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring (and also if this can win the Pulitzer then why didn’t The Interview win the Oscar????). Whatever the case, I read it and even wrongreading counts when it comes to getting free swag so yay me . . . .



Many thanks to my awesome library for creating these challenges (and handsome rewards) each year. I poo-pooed the notion of this theme when I first saw it, but have now traveled to Sweden, Alaska, Fallujah, Russia and North Korea because of it and removed books from my TBR that would have remained there indefinitely if it weren’t for this forcing of my hand.


No comments:

Post a Comment