Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Own the Wind by Kristen Ashley

16163690
3.5 Stars
 
Hmmmmm. Turns out I kinda like these bad boy motorcycle a-holes . . .

Palm Springs commercial photography

Okay. So even though this is the first in the series it’s really not because the Chaos Motorcycle Club was introduced in Motorcyle Man. I now realize this whole biker scene is a vortex which is nearly impossible to pull yourself out of once you begin, but before I knew that I already had Own the Wind on hold at the liburrrrrrry (Kindle version only because ewwww - Holy Splooshfest, Batman). The reason???? The leading male was described as looking like this guy . . .



Yes please. Do want.

Alright, so like I said, even though this is book 1 it’s really more like book 2. The main characters are Tabby and Shy who were introduced back in Motorcycle Man. Tabby is the daughter of the Club’s President – Shy is one of the “brothers.” When we last saw Tab she was 16 – this book picks up a few years later. It was obvious she was creaming her underage jeans for Shy even back then, but since he was not interested in having a sitdown with Dateline he steered clear - and also because banging the Pres’ kid is strictly verboten. Long story short, Own the Wind does the fastforwardy timeline, bad shit happens, Tab and Shy play the will they/won’t they game for LIKE. FREAKING. EVER. and finally they get down to bidness. And unlike the Super Bowl halftime show, the smexytimes in this book were f-in’ . . .

Palm Springs commercial photography

I think my underwears melted.

Anyway, then more stuff happens and angst and drama llama and a bunch of totally not necessary monkeywrenches get thrown in, but luckily there was plenty more . . . .

Palm Springs commercial photography

thrown in to keep my interest.

These books have zero nutritional value, but somehow I want to eat a whole cabinet full of them anyway. I have no excuse for myself. At this point I am claiming that I won’t be reading the entire series because 600+ PAGES FOR BOOKS 3 AND 4?!?!?!?!?! Damn. Get thee to a book editor, Kristen Ashley. However, I would not place money on my ability to stay away. I also thought I’d have no interest in reading “Hop’s” book (which is the next in this series) after wanting to straight up pull a Cassius Clay on his ballsack, but then they talked about his mustache and it sounds very . . .

Palm Springs commercial photography

So now I’m getting ready to immediately run back to the library website because . . .

Palm Springs commercial photography

I need an intervention.

The one good thing to come out of this is proof that Shelby and I do not share one brain. She read this 100% wrong and now I’m not sure we can be friends any longer ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment