Monday, July 30, 2018

The Way To Game The Walk Of Shame by Jenn P. Nguyen

25721507
2.5 Stars

You’re all familiar with the “Walk of Shame” right . . . . .



Oh wait, wrong genre. This book was about the other kind . . . .



Meet Taylor. She’s gone through high school pretty much like this . . . .



When she gets waitlisted to Columbia rather than immediately accepted, she doesn’t take it well and ends up not only . . . .



But also??????



Or at least that’s what the entire school thinks when word gets out that Taylor woke up next to none other than super player Evan . . . .



Now Taylor just wants everyone to shut up about her – or even go back to thinking she was the “Ice Queen” like before her not-really-a-one-night-stand-one-night-stand. The way she thinks that can happen? Enter into a fake relationship with Evan until they are yesterday’s news.

I’m telling you if this were a Netflix movie I would watch the crap out of it. Actually the way I ended up reading this was because I got put on an eternal waitlist for To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before once I discovered that was a Netflix movie and I wanted instant gratification in the form of YA romance so I checked this one out instead. Obviously this wasn’t a life-changer and the writing wasn’t real great either. Buuuuuuuut, I enjoy the fake relationship trope enough that I found it to be a cute little couple hour time waster and . . . .



I now declare Young Adult Week on Goodreads officially kicked off!

No comments:

Post a Comment