Thursday, July 19, 2018

Save the Date by Morgan Matson

32333338
3 Stars

I wanted this book as soon as I saw the cover. Naturally that meant I was denied an ARC and had to wait for the library to listen to another of my “please sir, may I have some more” requests for it to be purchased. I went into Save the Date hoping for something reminiscent of this . . . .



Without so much of this . . . .



But with some of this . . . .



And that’s pretty much what I got so YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

This is the story of the weekend of Charlie’s older sister’s wedding. It’s a time for the whole family to be reunited for the first time in a couple of years, for secrets to be revealed and old wounds to be reopened (and hopefully healed), and a time when maybe Charlie will get a shot at her longtime crush. With expectations for the perfect day, what could possibly go wrong????? Yep, pretty much everything . . . . .



If you are an actual young adult and not an old adult like myself PLEEEEEEEEEASE take this rating with a grain pound of salt. Also note that 3 Stars means “I liked it” and I did. It was cute and fluffy and the perfect summertime read and I will absolutely check out more by Morgan Matson after reading this. It just wasn’t a real world changer due to the familiarity of the plot and I’m also not a giant fan of slapstick comedy or every minute detail being covered regarding flowers and dresses and hair like a freaking Pinterest dream board.

No comments:

Post a Comment