Tuesday, July 24, 2018

All These Beautiful Strangers by Elizabeth Klehfoth


36381099
4 Stars

Dear All These Beautiful Strangers . . . .



Not even kidding. This was exactly what I was hoping for when my friend Michelle’s Review popped up on my feed. I mean let’s face it, while I would looooooooooooove to be able to say I spend summer break like this . . . . .



If I were every to vacay in the Hamptons I assume it would be more like this . . . .



(Sidenote: I totally read a book that gave me a serious Grey Gardens vibe. Maybe one day I’ll get around to reviewing it. Sidenote 2: If you haven’t watched Documentary Now yet you should immediately log off and go do it . . . . and then send me Amazon gift cards as a thank you for introducing so much awesome into your life.)

Okay where was I? Oh yeah, that I’m poor so my summertime fun actually is something like this . . . .



All that being said - I want to ESCAPE when it comes to July reads. If that cover doesn’t sell you that you’re in for a YA beachy good time, I don’t know what will. I mean just look at it . . . . .



Did you look at it???? Okay then.

What better way to spend a summery timesuck than with a bunch of privileged white kids? AmIrightoramIright????

The story here focuses on Grace, a richie rich boarding school type of gal who has just received an invitation to begin the initiation process in order to become a member of a supersecret club known as The Skulls . . . .



Whoops. I mean the A’s. Then you have a second storyline regarding Grace’s mother and Grace trying to figure out if she (a) ran away from home or (b) was murdered – dun dun dunnnnnnnnn! It’s only a matter of time before Grace starts to realize . . . .



I’m pretty sure I need to go put my dinosaur back in his pen and finally check out Gossip Girl. I know I know . . . . .



I am old and was still Twiharding superbad and missed all the gossipy good times. I shall rectify it post haste!

No comments:

Post a Comment