Friday, September 2, 2016

Lead by Kylie Scott


19286623
2 Stars


Even though this series had already been kind of a hit and a biiiiiiiig hit for me I hadn’t planned on reading this one because I wasn’t particularly fond of Jimmy’s snippets in the previous two volumes. That being said, when the library’s “recommended to you” page popped up and I saw the cover I immediately changed my mind and started fantasizing about making sex with Brendon Urie . . . . .



Because I am a dirty old whore.

Anyway, I was right about this not being the book for me. I was also right about not liking Jimmy. What I didn’t expect was to not like much about the female lead either. Here, allow me to introduce you all to her . . . 



Uhhhhhhh, yeah you are. Okay, so the deal is that in the previous two books Jimmy (lead singer for the band Stage Dive) was downward spiraling into addiction and then sent to rehab to clean up his act. After he is released it is decided he needs a “sobriety companion.” Enter Lena. Over time Lena’s lady bits start to tingle whenever Jimmy is around, but Jimmy is NOT interested in a relationship . . . or according to Jimmy in Lena period so he devises a plan that will get Lena’s focus off of his peen and on her work where it belongs. And then . . . . 

commercial photography locations

Jimmy sets Lena up on dates only to sabotage them and monopolizes her time with his “work” needs in order to prevent her from having a social life to the point where it was impossible not to say . . . . 



Which OF COURSE they do . . . eventually. But seriously even then he’s like “let’s fuck” (not even kidding) followed by . . . . 



And it was really drying out my old garden. To make matters worse, every time Jimmy couldn’t deal with his feelings he turned into some kind of effing diva rockstar barking orders because he was Lena’s boss and how dare she not maintain professionalism and seriously mother*&^er?????



Even the ending when he went all Maroon 5 and . . . . 



Couldn’t redeem Lead for me. But I’ll probably still read the final book in the series because . . . . 



No comments:

Post a Comment