Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Angus, Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging By Louise Rennison

402013
4 Stars

Meet Georgia. She’s basically a 14-year old version of this . . . .



I’m sure plenty of other reviews have and will point out that . . . .



But you know what? I still am was an asshole much like Georgia back in the day.

Angus, Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging is a year in the life of Georgia courtesy of her journal and was most definitely just what the doctor ordered for me to read on Presidential Debate Day. I never expected to laugh out loud reading the trials and tribulations of this teenie bopper, but I sure as shart did. Especially the part about her first tweezing experience . . . .



Her quest for love with an unattainable crush . . . .



And trying to get some uhhhhhhhh experience (if ya know what I’m sayin’) . . . .

“I lay on my arm until it went numb and then I lifted it (with the nonnumb arm) only my breasts. I wanted to see what it felt like to have a strange hand on them. It was quite nice, but what do I know?”



Not to mention all of the bits with Angus . . . .



This isn’t a book that will change the world or make you smarter or want to be a better person, but hell . . .



And sometimes I just want to laugh. If you’re interested in the same, then you too might find Angus, Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging to be . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment