Tuesday, February 25, 2020

What Lies Between Us by John Marrs


51497008. sx318 sy475
4 Stars

Boy oh boy was I looking forward to this one. I mean first – HOUSE COVER =



Second – SOMEONE CHAINED UP IN THE MUTHAFUCKING ATTIC! Um yes and you might receive automatic 5 Stars.

Third, I read The Passengers not that long ago and that dang thing was about autonomous cars murdering people so at this point all I can say is John Marrs – you are a freaking T.R.E.A.S.U.R.E.

I will say due to the fact that I watch only reality housewives and things on the Lifetime Stabby Stabs for Women I was a bit scared I was going to find this . . . .



I mean my level of crazy isn’t exactly the same as most people’s level of crazy (except for my Goodreads friends – they all batshit too). But great news! I haven’t had this much fun with someone locked up in a house since . . . .



That being said, I could absolutely see every single one of the big reveals coming well beforehand. Luckily it didn’t diminish my enjoyment at all. Read this when you are looking for an escape. I picked it up after having a couple of real butthole days at work and it totally turned my frown upside down. Yes, it’s 100% farfetched and ridiculous and whatever else Ron 2.0 might say about it, but hey . . . .



Thank you NetGalley for the advanced copy in exchange for my review. This was a fun time.

No comments:

Post a Comment