Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Turbo Twenty-Three by Janet Evanovich

28686830
3.5 Stars

Einstein once said “insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.” To that I say . . . . .



Good to know I’m 100% not nuts then because the entire reason behind me reading TWENTY-THREE books in this series is that the formula of Stephanie and Lula, Stephanie and Morelli, Stephanie and Ranger, Stephanie and Rex (the oldest hamster in the history of the universe), Stephanie and her blown up cars, Stephanie and her gun in the cookie jar, Stephanie and her inability to successfully take down a skip, Stephanie and Grandma Mazur, Stephanie and etc., etc., etc. all work for me and I absolutely want the same results every single time. It appears I read #22 about this time last year and I guarantee I’ll get around to 24 (and 25, 26, 27) eventually. These make for a great buffer if I’m suffering from a book hangover and only take a couple of hours to plough through. The “quality” (don’t judge – I’m well aware these aren’t Pulitzer nominees) went down for a while somewhere in the late teens and it really felt like Evanovich was just phoning it in, but these past couple have been reminiscent of why Stephanie Plum has remained a go-to-gal for me for the past decade.

No comments:

Post a Comment