Friday, September 28, 2018

Kill the Farm Boy by Delilah S. Dawson and Kevin Hearne

34431692
2 Stars

I’m not even gonna lie and try to say when I first heard of this title, my mind didn’t immediately go . . . .



The book wasn’t afraid to go there as well . . . .

“Worstley is eighteen, white as milk, and tall and strong with wavy blond hair and earnest blue eyes that sparkle with a call to greatness.”

It wasn’t afraid to “kill” him for most of the story either. Which left the remaining ensemble cast to . . . .



And me with a reaction that was more like . . . .



I have to confess that I had to look up Kevin Hearne due to my unfamiliarity with his stuff. I still have no clue who Delilah S. Dawson is. What I do know is this book had some pretty killer swag that I wish I would have been a part of even if the book didn’t end up being a winner for me . . . .



That’s how you do a marketing campaign, kids.

Sadly, though, Kill the Farm Boy ended up being a fail. Not only did it seem to drag on and on without a lot of content to propel it, but apparently I’ve grown too old to endure endless fart and boner jokes. Well, maybe some fart stuff will always be funny . . . .



I wanted Monty Python - I ended up with Van Wilder. And it’s #1 in a series????

No comments:

Post a Comment