Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Behind Her Eyes by Sarah Pinborough


28965131
4 Stars

“If you love someone, set them free. What a load of bollocks.”
Never in the history of my Goodreads membership has a book been recommended to me so many times by friends. Of course, me being me with somewhat of a history of wrongreading, that made me a little wary of rolling the dice. Buuuuuuuut, I did and I can now tell you all that . . . .



I will not admit to being wrong because I was having a perfectly okay time while I was reading. I was also thrilled to see what I thought was a spoiler really didn’t end up being a spoiler at all. And I’m telling you IF YOU GET SPOILED ON THE ENDING IT WILL RUIN EVERYTHING. Okay, maybe not everything because as I said it’s a pretty decent read, but those last couple of pages bumped this from 3 ½ to 4 Stars made me say . . . . .



If you have a friend with a big mouth, you should seriously consider blocking their dumbass right now before you have to cut them.

Alright, about the book. Per usual with this genre not a lot can be said, but let’s start with the title and then let the book speak for itself. Who the eff came up with the bright idea of adding “A Suspenseful Psychological Thriller” to the top of every page? I’m telling you everything was going swimmingly for me when it came to my enjoyment until once in awhile that tagline would catch my eye and I would think “this is neither suspenseful nor psychologically thrilling to me – I must be reading it wrong.”



So if I didn’t find this suspenseful or thrilling like every page promised me, what was it about???? Well . . . .

“Thirty-four-year-old woman walks into a bar and is sweet-talked by the man of her dreams, who turns out to be her new boss.”

But that’s not all. Bossman is also married and wifey befriends the assistant . . . .



For reals.

Stuff and things then happen that lead everyone to the conclusion that . . . .

“Everyone’s life is probably a mess of secrets and lies when you boil them right down.”

Leading me to fall for a character everyone else probably won’t like very much, but tough titties for them. She was awesome . . .

“Maybe you should cut your distractions by not fucking your fat receptionist.”



BWAHAHAHAHAHA! (Please spare me your “fat shaming” commentary until you volunteer to have your husband cheat on you and prove you will stay high when they go low.)

Added bonus between the storyline and the wife’s name being Adele I got to have a Ron 2.0 moment and had this playing on a loop in my head while I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment