Tuesday, November 19, 2019

The Best Lies by Sarah Lyu

40525361
2 Stars

The Best Lies had already been on my radar for quite some time due to . . . . .



Holy crap, the recommendation feature actually barfed out something that looked appealing??? And speaking of looking appealing, there were definitely some visual similarities that also piqued my curiosity . . . .



Between the titles and the covers, my brain was telling me . . . .



Then a couple of my Goodreads friends liked it to so I put myself on the library wait list. And now?????



Blame it on me having a bit of an addiction to teenager Lifetime mystery movies ten or so years ago. This story was a classic case of a toxic relationship culminating in a moment of . . . .



And I think I have just read/watched it one too many times. There were no real twists or turns and despite having a then and now timeline, it felt very stagnant to me. The good news is it was very dialogue driven which equaled me reading it in just a few hours while I supervised some horribly boring document comparison project that was running on my computer. Please note, however, that I’m also so dumb I didn’t even put this on my currently reading list, so you probably shouldn’t trust my opinion.

Buuuuuuuuut, to anyone else who might think it’s a bright idea to copycat a megahit’s name and artwork like what was done here, I say . . . .



It’s tough not to compare the orange to the apple when you put it in an apple costume.

No comments:

Post a Comment