Friday, November 8, 2019

Nothing to See Here by Kevin Wilson

44527740. sy475
5 Stars

I really enjoyed The Family Fang this years, so when I heard that Kevin Wilson had a new release coming out I made sure to put my name on the library hold list well before it ever came out to guarantee I’d be at the top of the heap. Now that I’ve finished I have this to say . . . . .



Lillian has a history of bailing Madison out of a jam, so she’s exactly the person who gets called when Madison’s twin stepchildren are in need of a “governess.” Not only do these two kids have to deal with mourning their dead mother and being moved in to the guest house of their absentee father – a man who just so happens to make his living in the political spectrum opining on the importance of things like family values *barf* – but they also have another little issue that pops up every now and again . . . .



I’m not going to waste a lot of time talking about this one. My rating should speak for itself. I will say that I love a loveable loser and books about finding your tribe and while it may not be true that . . . .



It sure doesn’t hurt.

This is a story that simply makes you feel good and Wilson tells it effortlessly. In addition to all the warm fuzzies, he’s extremely witty too. Without spoiling things, there was a moment regarding . . . . .



That just seemed so hilariously perfect to me. Not to mention this exchange:

She’s the greatest Tennessean in the state’s entire history.

Oh, Lillian.

She wrote ‘I Will Always Love You.’

Lillian, do you know that there have been three Tennesseans who have served as the president of the United States?

I know. But none of them were born in Tennessee.

Well, I mean . . . technically that’s correct –

And Johnson was impeached. And Jackson, c’mon, he was kind of a monster.

That’s not entirely –

Dolly Parton. She is way better than Andrew Jackson.


PREACH GIRL, PREACH!!!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment