Friday, July 29, 2016

Lick by Kylie Scott

18873617
3 Stars

“Let me get this straight, you don’t remember anything?”

“No,” I said, swallowing hard. “What did we do last night?”

“We got fucking married.”

I nearly crapped myself when I realized what Lick (stupid title is seriously effing stupid) was about . . . .

commercial photography locations

Oh my glob how I love the woke up married to a stranger storyline. Then I found out the stranger in question was a sexy musician!!!!

commercial photography locations

BWAHAHAHAHA! Good luck getting that image out of your head. Per usual, once I read “very attractive half-naked man” my brain said yes please and cast my perfect leading male . . . .

commercial photography locations

Please note said leading male was actually a member of the long hair don’t care club, but long haired Leto just doesn’t do the same thing for me . . . .

commercial photography locations

Because banging Jesus is probably a cardinal sin.

But I digress.

So the story here is that Evelyn goes to Vegas with her bestie for her 21st birthday and decides she’s gonna let her freak flag fly with a one-nighter . . .

commercial photography locations

Things don’t go quite as planned, however, when she wakes up with her head in a toilet and a 5 carat rock on her left hand. Turns out baby married a rock-n-roller but doesn’t remember a diddly dang dong thing about it.

Then we enter the pretty typical for a romance category and somehow David the Rock God is totally down with the whole death do us part mumbo jumbo and pretty offended that his wife suffers from a severe case of CRS (that’s Can’t.Remember.Shit for all you classy mah fahs). Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, also in typical romance fashion there is a delay in the annulment process and the two fall in instalurv within a few days. And then of course . . . .



WHICH I AM GOING TO SPOIL RIGHT HERE BECAUSE IT’S A DEALBREAKER FOR A LOT OF YOU

(view spoiler)

This was another story that ended up just being okay because of the aforementioned dramatic twist. The sex was pretty sexy – except when he wanted her to watch him while he went downtown. I can live without looking at my own lady garden getting tended thank you very little. It was also refreshingly realistic with respect to how a pretty inexperienced partner would handle her first few trips to Pound Town. But the best part of the whole thing? Mal. I already checked out his story from the library and . . . .



just thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment