Thursday, March 5, 2020

The Neighbors by Hannah Mary McKinnon


35083336
3.5 Stars

See that cover with all those cookie cutter houses on the front? Yeah, when it comes to Mitchell and me . . . .



Most of the time. Except for this one . . . .



My hatred for face covers has so far overpowered my addiction to house covers. Dilemma!

Anyway, house cover = I usually channel my inner Veruca Salt and go in blind without bothering to even sneak a peek at the blurb. Thus was the case here and when I discovered this was going to be about a woman who accidentally killed her brother while driving drunk who is married to the dude who pulled her from the wreckage but whose old boyfriend from the time ends up being the new next door neighbor. Well that made me do the . . . .



Once again, when it came to the big reveals that would have some readers saying . . . .



I wasn’t really surprised. Buuuuuuut, I’m someone who actively seeks out the most wretched Lifetimey goodness for my viewing pleasure and obviously gets my jollies off of reading books that can only be categorized as . . . . .



I thought I wouldn’t enjoy this one so much after just coming down off my John Marrs high, but I was mistaken. I liked this one quite a bit as well. The only thing I was a bit disappointed in was the very last little bit at the end since I am oh-so-accustomed to that final GOTCHA, I was totally expecting ACTUAL SPOILER AHEAD [Sarah’s demanding of a DNA test be due to the fact that she was potentially pregnant with her brother’s child]. Because I am a garbage human . . . . .

 

No comments:

Post a Comment