Wednesday, August 1, 2018

My Unexpected Forever by Heidi McLaughlin


17185556
3.5 Stars

If you are of the following mindset . . . . .



Then WHY THE HELL ARE YOU READING REVIEWS ABOUT THESE TYPES OF BOOKS?!?!?!?! For realz tho – you know you’re gonna have to wait until at least the 50% mark before the “will they or won’t they?” gets answered. After that, however?????



Was that offensive? Sorry – I don’t know any “sensitivity readers” to help tone down my trashy side.

What I do know is My Unexpected Forever was the second in the “Beaumont Series” and I actually liked it better than I thought I would, despite the fact that it featured the absolute boner killer to end all boner killers – CHILDREN . . . . .



This is the story of Katelyn and Harrison who were introduced in Book 1. She’s recently widowed, he’s a drummer . . . . .



She also beats the reader over the head about it being “too soon” after her husband’s death to move on (see – this author probably had a sensitivity reader) and explains infinitum how she’s “not attracted to him” and how he’s “not her type” which made me like . . . .



If your lady bits beep anytime dude is within a 12-mile radius, you’re probably attracted to him. The not being your type because he has tattoos?



You should be more worried that he is a potential petri dish of STD since he’s in a flippin’ über famous rock band that makes all the ladies drop their panties.

But aside from all that noise, this was okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment