Friday, August 10, 2018

An Unwanted Guest by Shari Lapena


37920735
4 Stars




Despite The Couple Next Door only being an average read for me, I immediately clicked the request (which is still pending so go ahead and decline that one, NetGalley) button for Lapena’s new novel. Thanks to friends’ mediocre ratings I lowered my expectations accordingly. But I didn’t realize that An Unwanted Guest was pretty much going to be . . . . .



I am a SUCKER for retellings of And Then There Were None. Up to and including an annual viewing of the ever-so-underrated . . . .



And this one took place in the Catskills which instantly had me thinking of . . . .



Sing along, everyone . . . .



*In case you haven’t figured it out yet, you should probably adjust your own expectations accordingly, because this most likely wasn’t nearly as good as I thought it was.

But I did think it was good and read half of it without even realizing it the other evening. Call me a sucker for a group of strangers holed up in a hotel during a snowstorm when a superbadawful takes place . . . . .



You know what happens next, right????



AND MORE DEAD BODIES. Yipeeeeeeeee!!!!

The only thing that would have been better is if it weren’t 95 degrees outside on the day I read it – but there was zero chance I was going to be able to wait until winter as I am most assuredly an instant gratification type of gal.

No comments:

Post a Comment