Thursday, October 26, 2017

Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption by Stephen King


26001477
5 Stars

“I hope . . .”
The moral of the story? You have to crawl through a lot of shit in life before you reach Zihuatanejo.

Uncle Stevie will always be known as the Master of Horror, but it’s my belief that his not-so-scary stuff is where he truly shines. Hands down my favorite story ever, that just so happened to be converted into one of my favorite films as well. If you’ve not yet experienced it, you’re missing out on what my husband and I have dubbed “getting Shawshanked.” It’s one of those films that you can’t help but pause on when scrolling through the channels on the boob tube “just for a second.” That second turns into watching whatever remains of the film, and quite possibly crying a time or two. The book spares the reader the heartbreak which is Brooks, and offers the best miscasting of all-time with this “red-haired Irishman” . . . .



Another fabulous narration by Frank Muller which could only have been topped if it were Morgan Freeman doing the reading . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment