Monday, May 2, 2016

Deadpool: Dead Presidents by Brian Posehn, Gerry Duggan and Tony Moore (Illustrations)

17251103
3 Stars
 
There aren’t a lot of comics on my TBR because (1) I am poor and the liburry selection tends to be more than a bit limited, (2) I have old lady brain so I mix up all the character’s origin stories, and (3) I have the attention span of a flea so continual storylines and I are probably not going to play well together. But then I found Deadpool. He’s my lobster and everything about him makes me go . . .

Palm Springs commercial photography
(Ha! There is no end to the power of the sploosh joke.)

Dead Presidents is about – you guessed it, dead presidents. Seems a necromancer took it upon himself to stir up a real hornet’s nest of undead former Chiefs of Staff because he felt ‘Murica was going right down the ol’ pooper. Wonder why anyone would think that?????



Anywho, the dead presidents are wreaking havoc all over tarnation and it’s up to one person to save them. CAPTAIN AMERICA! Unfortunately, the press has a field day with the Cap’n offing our founding fathers so Tom Selleck Agent Gorman calls in Deadpool to save the day instead . . . .

Palm Springs commercial photography

Things go about as well as can be expected with quite a bit of this . . .

Palm Springs commercial photography

As well as a little of this . . .

Palm Springs commercial photography

As Deadpool works his way from Washington all the way to the Gipper. Sidenote: I brought some special jellybeans in to work in honor of this selection and ol’ Ronnie . . .

Palm Springs commercial photography

Now, you might think things would be a little long in the tooth because there are JUST. SO. MANY. of the undead to work through. Good news is, Deadpool doesn’t believe in filler . . .



The bad news is, when I saw Brian Posehn’s name as the writer my expectations were more than a little high. While there was some of the classic Deadpool humor . . .

Palm Springs commercial photography

This one relied heavily on the gore and not so much of the funny ha-ha I expected . . .

Palm Springs commercial photography

Good news is, there’s another new Deadpool later this month which I anxiously await. Until then . . .

Palm Springs commercial photography

No comments:

Post a Comment