Friday, May 31, 2013

Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury


4 Stars

Jim and Will are average 13 year old boys – best friends and next-door-neighbors who were born a day apart. They each have secret ladders they have managed to build outside of their bedroom windows in order to sneak out for some additional harmless mischief. Harmless, that is, until one September evening when the overwhelming scent of licorice and cotton candy fills the air and signals a carnival is coming to town. Little do the boys know they are about to embark on a journey to save their souls when they sneak out at midnight and discover Cooger & Dark’s Pandemonium Shadow Show.

This took about one hot minute to read. I kept asking myself: "Why have I not read this before????" I have no idea how this one managed to slip through my fingers for so many years, but I’m extremely glad to have found it. A true horror classic that reads like pure poetry. Bradbury is a wizard with words.

No comments:

Post a Comment