Thursday, May 23, 2013

Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell


5 Stars

Eleanor and Park meet when she has a "Forrest Gump" moment as a new student on the schoolbus and Park (rudely) offers her the only free seat.  Over the course of the school year, Eleanor and Park become friends and then first loves. 

John Green told me to read this and since I totally drink the John Green Kool-Aid it was a no brainer that I would do so immediately.  Oh, how I loved it and absolutely could. not. put. it. down.  It made me feel the butterflies of first love all over again.  Then it stabbed me in the heart with the story of Eleanor's home life.  It also provided the extra perk of running a soundtrack of The Smiths through my head all day.  The only thing wrong with books like these are they piss me off knowing what could have been if I would have been born in a different literary time.  I mean, really, where were these authors when I was a youngin?  All we had was shitty Sweet Valley High.

No comments:

Post a Comment