Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman

Neverwhere

 4 Stars - Read March 5, 2013

Richard Mayhew is on the way to dinner with his fiance when he comes across a bleeding girl named Door (who he isn't supposed to be aware of).  By choosing to help the damsel in distress, Richard is pulled into "London Below" an alternate life that he never knew existed under his feet. 

Jenny Lawson (The Bloggess) convinced me to give Neil Gaiman a try and Neverwhere was the first book that popped up on the radar.  I was not disappointed.  It was such a dark and creepy Alice in Wonderland.  I was surprised to know that it was a television program on the BBC before it was adapted into a book.  I've yet to seek out the T.V. version since there are about 1,072,459 episodes of Doctor Who to distract me anytime I decide not to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment