Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Infraction by Rachel Van Dyken


35387106
4 Stars

“God bless football, and God bless the V.”
Y’all know what the “V” is, right????


Oh wait, that's not it.  I’m not sorry. Here’s a lil’ summin’ to make it up to you . . . .



When we last left our players we were in Vegas where there was a surprise guest in someone’s bed . . . .



Deciding the old adage “what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas” are words to live by, Miller and Kinsey agreed to tell no one and Miller promptly shoved Kinsey on the nearest plane to Europe for the summer. It turns out that absence may indeed make the heart grow fonder and when Miller is requested by his teammate/Kinsey’s overprotective brother to “fake date” her upon her return, things start heating up . . . .

“You’re familiar with the kind of rides I give, and when this whole friendship ting goes to hell and you actually ask me to kiss you – to touch you – you’re going to need to buckle up, sweetheart, because it’s going to be rough.”



I’m going to address the pink elephant in the room real quick because I am nothing but brutally honest at all times. Jax, the brother??? I got less of a “overprotective” vibe and more of a . . . .



And believe me when I say the big reveal didn’t make things better. That being said, Jax and Harley’s story being thrown in was an unexpected treat and it helped reduce my squicky reaction. Miller and Kinsey were just as adorable as Emerson and Sanchez were in Fraternize, the angst (brother lovin’ aside) was real life shit people should be angsty about and when we finally reached the halfway mark and got down to bidness?????



It was guuuuuuuuuud.

I’ve somehow managed to stalk work my way up to an auto-approval for this publisher and for that I say . . .



If Rachel Van Dyken keeps writing, I’ll keep reading ‘em. I am a superfan.

No comments:

Post a Comment