Thursday, August 4, 2016

All Is Not Forgotten by Wendy Walker

26114146
5 Stars

Ummmmm, hi and welcome to the worst review in the history of Goodreads . . . .



I know what you’re thinking: “How is this different from all of your other reviews?????” (See trolls, I do the work so you don’t have to. Now stay the hell away from my Elizabeth Is Missing review. Your children are probably mortified and want to ban you from social media for your bad behavior.)

Unlike all of my other bad reviews, this time I think I actually read the book right. And therein lies the rub. You see, I went in to this completely blind based on Jennifer’s 5 Star rating. I didn’t read her review, I didn’t even read the book blurb, I just immediately went to my library’s website and put myself on the wait list.

So I could tell you if you liked Book X or the writing styles of Author Y, this is almost sure to be up your alley, but even that would be too much and you might get an inkling of what kind of story you were going to be reading and that’s not okay. You need to know NOTHING in order to fully appreciate this slow roller.

The only thing I can say to maybe convince one or two of you to pick this up? I’m giving it all the stars. Y’all know I’m a greedy heifer when it comes to handing out 5s. In case you don’t know me but are now seeing my reviews and updates incessantly due to the new upgrade (HI STRANGERS!!!), here’s a breakdown for you. All Is Not Forgotten is my 155th book of the year. Out of those 155 books I’ve handed out SIX 5s to non-smutty books (those are rated on an entirely different type of scale that I can even explain). Like I said – greedy . . . and also heifer.

Now get outta here and get to your library, you crazy kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment