Thursday, November 1, 2018

Sour Candy by Kealan Patrick Burke


27687495
3 Stars

Our story here begins like so many others. A simple trip to the store and an encounter with a frazzled mother and her charming youngster . . . .



When our main character Phil fails to give what the kid was just begging for . . . .



He’s left with a simple, yet ominous message by the child’s mother . . .

“Yours now.”

And so begins life with Adam . . . .



Yeah, I’m just not a fan of short stories. I don’t know what to tell you. I appreciate the mindfuckery contained in this one, but I wanted more. Many people really dig this one so if you have Kindle Unlimited it’s worth the zero dollars you will spend to find out what side of the fence you land on. If you’re poor (and iron-stomached) like me, you might want to opt for the full-length novel Kin instead.

2 comments: