Friday, October 18, 2013

Bridget Jones Mad About The Boy by Helen Fielding

4 Stars

I’m more than a bit apprehensive about writing a synopsis for this book. In an attempt to avoid any spoilering, I’m going to leave it with this: Welcome back Bridget Jones! A little older, but not so much wiser – we now get to see how she can handle the complications of children and a new phase of her life.

Bridget and I started our relationship the same year that I married my husband.
Let’s just say it’s hard work staying in love with someone for 17 years, but somehow I’ve managed to do it with both the hubs and Bridget. So much in her life (and my life) have changed over the years, but it was like reconnecting with an old friend. I jumped right in to her craziness and could not end our reunion until the last page had been read. Laughing until my sides hurt, crying until my face was puffy, Bridget has stood the test of time and remains one of my favorite characters.

Keep buggering on, Bridget, and maybe I’ll see you again sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment