Monday, February 26, 2018

Simply Delicious Cooking 2 by Ron Kalenuik

1818931
4 Stars

Welcome to Sunday Dinner at the Klump Book Boar household. It usually starts a lil’ like this . . . .



And ends like this . . . .



I received Simply Delicious Cooking (2 because apparently one volume did not suffice) as a wedding gift right about the time the pencil was invented and people stopped having to chisel instructions on slabs of stone. Last night I decided to pull this golden oldie out of the ol’ kitchen cabinet for my inspiration after spending the day fishing (definitely not catching – only fishing) with the youngest since it was a balmy 40 degrees outside and by the time we were done I had a hankering for both sea and comfort foods. The plus side to freezing my tail off was I got to channel my inner “Leia on Endor” with my camo ruana . . . .



As you can see from the (disgusting) picture below, this recipe has been a go-to for me since Jesus was a toddler . . . .



It’s easy, it’s tasty and it makes a whole bunch . . . .



Maybe not the healthiest selection you can shovel into your face, but add a salad and roast some infant cabbages brussel sprouts if you want to counterbalance the massive carbo loading and creamy cheesy concoction consumption . . . .


(Supercloseup because kids don’t always follow instructions great when asked, hey take a picture of that for me real quick, will ya?)

I forgot to look at what the original price point of this one was, but you can get it for a couple of bucks over on Amazon at this point. I would have never bought (or even asked for someone else to buy) cookbooks for me back when I was a child bride, but they definitely helped us not starve to death. So if you’re a young’un who has just moved out / is getting ready to move out of your parents’ basement and Aunt Edna slaps something like this or a Better Homes and Gardens variety (because the BH&G cookbooks are much like roaches and will be the only thing to survive a nuclear holocaust), don’t give her the stinky eye. Say thank you, put it in a closet and five years from now when you have to pretend you’re a grown-up because people are coming over for dinner pull it out and make something “Simply Delicious” that looks complicated.

4 Stars for TONS of recipes that take you all the way through all seven courses.

No comments:

Post a Comment