Thursday, September 26, 2013

Fortunately, the Milk by Neil Gaiman

5 Stars

What happens when Mom is away at a conference and Dad is left in charge? Well, of course they run out of milk. Follow along on Dad’s remarkable expedition to retrieve more milk. His adventure is filled with hot air balloons, dinosaurs, aliens, ponies, vampires and a talking volcano???

Gaiman could write anything – I mean absolutely ANYTHING and I would read it, so I when this definitely-written-for-kids children’s novel popped up on a Gaiman stalking . . . errrr, I mean Gaiman absolutely-normal-nothing-to-see-here-folks fan page I knew I had to read it right away. Not only did I go on quite the amazing journey with Dad, I also learned everything I ever needed to know about transtemporal metascience and a catchy little diddy called "I’ve Got a Lovely Bunch of Hard-hairy-wet-white-crunchers" that I simply can’t seem to get out of my head.

As always, Gaiman is brilliant. As a woman of an age which shall not be mentioned, I found this story absolutely delightful and the illustrations are the best I’ve seen since I was a little bitty one. Buy it/check it out from the library for yourself, your kids or your grandkids. No one will be disappointed. I was planning to pick this up for myself anyway, but I needed a book to keep the smallest person who lives in my house interested during mandatory reading time so I rushed straight to the library. Yeah you heard me right – punishment by Gaiman. Every freakin’ child in the world should want to live at my house.


No comments:

Post a Comment