Saturday, September 14, 2013

Big Girl Panties by Stephanie Evanovich

2.5 Stars

Holly has never been "model thin", but after losing her husband four years ago, she really started packing on the pounds. Go figure that the one time she has to venture out of her comfort zone (to fly to Canada and finalize one of her late husband’s accounts) she winds up seated next to Logan, a personal trainer to the rich and famous who could fill-in as a Greek god at a moment’s notice. A mixture of pity and curiosity has Logan offering his training services to Holly at a reduced rate where friendship and more develops.

Maybe it was the fact that for the first time in FOREVER, the temperature was not 100+ degrees and I could enjoy the outdoors while I read, therefore releasing some endorphins. Maybe it was because I’m a bit of a chubbette and I’ve always had a bit of the hots for Bob Harper while he screams at the fatties on "The Biggest Loser". Maybe it was because this was written by Janet Evanovich’s niece. Whatever the reason, I opened this little nonsensical story and just couldn’t put it down. Although I read plenty of romance-y type books, I’ve never been one to fall for the pure fluff. Prime example – I consider the Stephanie Plum series to be the perfect guilty pleasure light read, but I refuse to acknowledge that Janet E. had a plethora of romance novels before introducing me to Ms. Plum. In a nutshell, if you are a fan of the traditional boy meets girl, boy loses girl, boy gets girl back just in time for the big finale romance (with a couple of steamy love scenes thrown in for good measure) – or if you just want something fun to read by the pool, this is a winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment