Monday, September 23, 2019

Everything Sucks: A Gratitude Journal by Tiffany Reese


48061226. sx318
4 Stars

I got this little book a couple of weeks back but had not yet gotten around to flipping through it. This morning I came to work and had a mistake from A MONTH AND A HALF AGO pointed out to me. Most people would chalk it up to . . . .



But I generally let my outlook on things go to a whole different level . . . . .



That was the whole reason I wanted this in the first place – so I decided it was the perfect time to give it a looksee.

Despite journaling being one of the only trends I haven’t found myself jumping off the cliff to join along with the other lemmings – this title was right up my alley. I’m still not sure I’ll embrace the practice of writing up my feelings full-on, but this selection makes it about as easy as pie should I choose to dip my toes in the water with a mix of both heavier and lighter prompts . . . .

Besides “stop messing with your eyebrows,” what advice would you give to your teenage self?



Followed by a lined page for responses. Interspersed throughout are various quotes and positive affirmations from famous people. Basically, the concept is to take a second to reflect on the good things in life, whether big or small (literally, being thankful for toilet paper is in a prompt and that made me smile), and stop being a whiny little bitch like I am 99% of the time. I’d definitely give this as a gift (for the title alone) – the inside was just a bonus.

Many thanks to Callisto’s Publisher’s Club for the copy!

No comments:

Post a Comment