Tuesday, July 1, 2014

A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin

3.5 Stars
 
I did it!



I finished!!!!!!!



I’m going to be completely honest here. It was not without some struggle (hence the lower rating). After I sailed through #4 (which I was forewarned was the slow one of the series), I thought I was better than everyone else. While I still place myself on a general pedestal of awesomeness, when it comes to the GoT series I am a peasant like everyone else. I felt like I was reading A Dance with Dragons 12 hours a day, and yet 1,000 pages always remained.

G.R.R.M.’s note at the end of A Feast for Crows stated that books 4 and 5 are one part of the story that just became too voluminous. He opted to break this one tale into two – and chose to only provide the goings on of half the characters in each book. I believe my rating would have remained at 5 Stars if he would have provided me all of the characters and only half the storyline per book.

But have no fear my fellow superfans. In no way, shape, or form am I saying I won’t be joining the masses who wait with bated breath for the next installment. I have already firmly planted myself in the “WHEN THE F^%$ IS THE NEXT BOOK GOING TO COME OUT MOTHERF*&^#R?!?!?!?!?!?” camp.

Real review for the entire box set to come whenever I recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment