Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo

Read in August, 2012
 
0 Stars

It’s rare that I go back and review a book that I read in my past life (see what I did there?) as a non-book-reviewer. That being said, with movie promos bombarding my television night and day, I figured it was time to make an exception. Let me begin by stating I do not read book jackets and was always a pretty willing guinea pig when it came to reading whatever friends/co-workers/relatives/acquaintances wanted to pass my way. All that changed after I read this book.

The past few weeks I have been asked the same questions over and over again. I figured it was time to express my feelings once and for all.

“Have you read Heaven is for Real?????"

Unfortunately, yes and I have not spoken to the co-worker who recommended it to me in almost two years now.

yes

“Did you like it????”

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

“Should I read it????”

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Possibly the most poorly written novel I have ever read. Imagine these immortal words from the classic film Billy Madison pertain to this book and that about sums up all that needs to be said regarding how I feel.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment