Wednesday, June 5, 2013

This is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Tropper

5 Stars

Mort Foxman has passed away after a long battle with stomach cancer.  His dying wish was for the family to sit shiva.  That means Judd Foxman will have to spend seven days with three siblings (along with their spouses/significant others) that he hasn't seen in years.  While juggling the plethora of mourners who come to pay their respects each day, Judd also has to come to terms with the fact that his wife has left him for his boss - a famous shock-jock radio host - and is now pregnant.

There's nothing I love more than an ensemble cast in a comedy/drama.  Tropper has managed to develop TWELVE (yes, 12) unforgettable characters in This is Where I Leave You.  I absolutely fell in love with the Foxman family and I laughed until my sides hurt.  If you come from a big family, the riotous interactions will bring back fond memories.  When you find yourself wishing for more, set your mind at ease knowing it's becoming a movie.  Jason Bateman, how I love thee.  Let me count the ways . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment