Sunday, June 23, 2013

I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga


2.5 Stars

Jasper Dent is your average teenager – he goes to high school, hangs with his best buddy, has a girlfriend. There’s just one small thing that makes him stand out from the crowd – his father is one of the world’s most notorious serial killers. Now there’s a new killer on the loose and Jazz is desperate to help solve the crime (and terrified that the apple may not have fallen far enough from the tree for his own comfort).

Where to begin… I can’t really bash this one hardcore since it is a "teen" novel and therefore certain things like over-the-top violence and gore have to be toned down. The story was COMPLETELY unrealistic, but somehow I think most adults could push past that also. The characters were fairly enjoyable and the dialogue was quick. However, I don’t like solving the "who done it" part of a thriller, and I did that almost immediately. If this was a stand-alone story it would get a better rating. Creating a series (AGAIN WITH THE F-ING SERIES JUST STOP ALREADY), in my opinion, is a terrible idea. On a scale of 1 to 10, I give this one a "meh".

No comments:

Post a Comment