Thursday, May 7, 2020

The Heart's Invisible Furies by John Boyne


40004880. sy475
5 Stars

HUSBAND: What’s your book about today?

ME: So bored we’re going to have book club, huh?

HUSBAND: *glares*

ME: Okay, okay. It’s just about a guy’s life from birth to death . . . but it’s fiction not a biography.

HUSBAND: That sounds terrible.

ME. . . . .

HUSBAND:


So that’s how quarantine is going in my house.

As for this book. I avoided it for eternity because . . . . .



*terrifying*

Even though I totally loved A Ladder to the Sky. (Also, nearly 600 pages ain’t usually my jam.) But oh Mylanta. What a story! Cyril is officially my new best friend (to me he was a fictionalized David Sedaris and there is ZERO I will ever not love about that), and while this may not be a book that sucks everyone in, I don’t want to hear about it if it didn’t work for you because lockdown is makin’ me a little stabby and this story made me feel all the feels and now I have a raging book hangover. All the Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment