Friday, August 15, 2014

Fearscape by Nenia Campbell

2 Stars
 



Something is obviously wrong here ‘cause I’m not on the same page as most of you on this one. From characters I didn’t like, to dialogue that felt forced, to “terrifying” moments that I felt were kind of a yawn. It just didn’t work for me at all : (



Here. Let me save you all the trouble of gathering your torches:



In my defense, I will say that I really luuuuuuuuuuuurv psychological thrillers and want them to be as dark as possible. I will also admit that I had exceedingly high (not to mention unfair) expectations that I would enjoy this book since I’m friends with the author and find her to be pretty stinking awesome.

I’m generally fairly strict about not reading self-published work or stuff written by my Goodreads’ friends, but every rule is made to be broken and when I saw Fearscape was up for free on Smashwords I figured there was no time like the present. I also know that neither Nenia or her fans will come and flame this review and will instead simply realize it was a case of “it’s not you, it’s me” when it comes to my opinion of this book. Different strokes for different folks – that’s what makes the world go ‘round. If you like YA a little on the dark side, there’s a good chance you’ll really like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment