Saturday, May 24, 2014

Hyperbole and a Half (Unfortunate Situations, Flawed Coping Mechanisms, Mayhem, and Other Things That Happened) by Allie Brosh

 
How many stars do I give this one????


Some things I figured out while reading Hyperbole and a Half:


Whooops, sorry – got distracted. Okay, where was I? Oh yeah, stuff I learned.

I think there’s a good chance I adopted clones of Allie Brosh’s dogs . . .

my anti-social behavior is 100% A-Okay . . .

cake IS a f*&^%$g food group and no one is going to tell me otherwise . . .

geese are dangerous psychopaths that become extremely violent for absolutely no reason . . .

and finally, my priorities in life lead me to believe there’s a good chance I’m really a 10-year old. . . .

In the world of blog-to-book authors, Allie Brosh takes the grand prize (sorry Jenny Lawson – I still love you, just not as much).


Not only will she make you laugh ‘til you cry, but she also opens up about what it’s like to battle depression in the most honest and upfront way I’ve seen.


Recommended to???? Everyone with a soul (and most of those without).



2 comments:

  1. LOL. The God of Cake might just be the funniest thing in the history of EVER. Do you follow/have you ever read The Bloggess? She's pretty hilarious too: http://thebloggess.com/2011/06/and-thats-why-you-should-learn-to-pick-your-battles/

    Jessica @ Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do follow Jenny Lawson religiously. She may or may not be the inspiration behind my love of dead things ; )

    ReplyDelete