Friday, August 23, 2013

My Most Excellent Year by Steve Kluger

5 Sickeningly Sweet Stars

T.C., Alé and Augie are all sophomores who have been assigned an English lesson of journaling their "most excellent year". Follow along through these journal entries, chats, I.M.s, etc. as the three come of age and come into their own.

Obviously, this one isn’t ever going to win a Pulitzer, but judging the book for its genre – it is absolutely worthy of 5 stars. I don’t care if it’s completely cliché, the characters are too mature to be 14, the plot isn’t realistic. So what? Sometimes it’s just perfect to read something that makes you feel so good. It’s so saccharine sweet that I’m fairly certain I have a cavity and my face is going to hurt from smiling for DAYS. Steve Kluger, where have your books been all my life????


No comments:

Post a Comment