Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Where She Went by Gayle Forman



Everyone ready for a wishy-washy review? Yep, me too, so here goes …

3.5 Stars. Let me preface this by saying curses to you, Stephenie Meyer, for practically making it a constitutional amendment that all YA books have at least two parts. Where She Went picks up on the story of Adam and Mia three years after Mia’s accident. About 99% of the book takes place over the course of one day/night (with flashbacks filling in every couple chapters or so) and reminded me a lot of those Before Sunset/Sunrise/Whatevers movies that bring Ethan Hawke and his rogue chin pubes back to relevance and out of the welfare line every few years.

While I wanted to hate this book for being so unlike If I Stay, I just can’t. For me, it lacked the depth/complexity of character/storyline of If I Stay, but it was such an adorably sugary sweet romance that I just couldn’t bring myself to hate it. Sometimes even a Grinch like me needs to read a book just for the warm fuzzies of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment