Monday, July 15, 2013

Dead Ever After by Charlaine Harris


1 Star

Being that this is book number 13 in the series, I’ll assume no synopsis is necessary and just get down to the nitty-gritty. My relationship with Charlaine Harris and Sookie Stackhouse has been like a bad marriage. I should have got out around #9, but I kept making excuses and thinking things would get better. Sadly, they didn’t. Boy does this series show that the power of the almighty dollar can rule all. Harris has been phoning in book after book, using the excuse that “she writes for herself” and “you can’t please all the people all the time”. Yes, Ms. Harris, lots of authors write for themselves. Those same authors at least give half a rat’s butt as to why their fans love them and sure as shit don’t sell the rights of their books to create a television series that has hardly ANYTHING in common with the beloved novels. I’m so sad that I wasted so many years/dollars on Sookie. I could give a crap who she ended up with (I’m fairly certain EVERYONE saw that coming although many have differing opinions) – I’m saddened that a series that I once loved ended without a bang (hell, it barely made a ripple). Seriously – 338 pages of hearing how well Sookie’s yard was thriving? Ugh. Good luck to you, Charlaine Harris, but I WILL NOT be reading anything else you write.

No comments:

Post a Comment