Friday, October 25, 2019

Never Have I Ever by Joshilyn Jackson

42654400
4 Stars

Hey looky there. A book with a bunch of houses on the cover. I never request those *wink emoji* (If you’re new here please note – I request allllllll of these.) I have no idea why I didn’t review this one in a timely fashion because I really dug it.

The story this time around centers around Amy. Amy lives a cookie-cutter life in a cookie-cutter neighborhood where the biggest excitement is the monthly book club and probably shit like BUNKO. Don’t know what that is????



When new neighbor Roux shows up, she tries to spice Moms Night Out up a bit by playing a new game – Never Have I Ever. In case you aren’t familiar with that one either, it’s where someone makes a generally saucy sort of non-confession confession like “Never Have I Ever Had Buttsex” and then all the squares are like . . . .



But all of the sluts I’d want to hang out with are like . . . .



And also . . . . .



And depending on how much they actually lived B.C. (that’s “before children”) maybe a little . . . .



When Amy shoots down participating in the new-and-improved frivolities because she'd rather stick to the plan of talking about the latest Reese Witherspoon selection, Roux confronts her to inform her she already knows Amy’s dirty secrets and that if she wants them kept under wraps she better cooperate.

Here’s the part that got me hooked. Rather than being some mealy-mouthed wimp (or, even more redonkulous, murdering the new neighbor), Amy is like . . . .



And Roux is like . . . . .



So much fun.

Not to mention the ending. Let’s just leave it at it’s not going to be for everyone, but for me I say . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment