Saturday, March 28, 2015

Will You Still Love Me If I Wet the Bed? by Liz Prince

79799
3 Stars
 
Liz Prince really hit it out of the park for me earlier this year when I read her memoir Tomboy. Unfortunately, instead of another home run Will You Still Love Me If I Wet the Bed? was only like a double. Most of this little book is for those of you who are still in the “Schmoopie” phase. Are any of you even old enough to get that reference????

Dallas Commercial Photography

I’ve never been much of a “Schmoopie” type of gal. It makes me want to . . .

Dallas Commercial Photography

Yeah.

Add in the fact that I’ve been married for 38 dog years and I really couldn’t relate to some of the over-the-top adorableness contained inside this teensie little tribute. That being said, there were some panels that I loved.

Like being married to someone who knows how to conveniently use women’s lib against you . . .

Dallas Commercial Photography

or sharing your bed with a terrifying sleeptalker . . .

Dallas Commercial Photography

who is honest to a fault . . .

Dallas Commercial Photography

and thinks B.J. jokes never get old . . .

Dallas Commercial Photography

Someone with a real butthole of a kitten that he loves, but that HATES you . . .

Dallas Commercial Photography
(yeah, Django, I’m talking about you, you little a$$hole)

and still attempts to argue about who has the more disgusting feet . . .

Dallas Commercial Photography

Let the record show that having opposable toes is a BONUS and something everyone else in the world should be jealous of. Having weird frinkly half pinky toes is an abomination and if you were a wild animal your mother might have killed you at birth.

I’m definitely not be the lovey dovey type so I would never think of penning something like this. Buuuuuuut in my defense I do my best to express my feelings the way I know how : )

Dallas Commercial Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment