Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Always the Last to Know by Kristan Higgins


50608285
5 Stars

Oh Kristan Higgins . . . . .



I am super late to this party, but I’ve been making up for lost time and this is the fourth novel I’ve read by this author and every single one of them have been winners for me.

The story here is a “maybe you can go home again” sort where daughter Sadie returns to her hometown after her father suffers a severe stroke. The narration is presented by three different women – the aforementioned Sadie, her sister Juliet and their mother Barb (with the occasional bit offered by John, the father), and gives each of their personal histories as well as the familial one as a whole. Basically, I looked like this when reading . . . . .



I love family stories, I love humor, I love a bit of romance and I really really really loved Barb and her best pal Caro. If you don’t have a Caro in your life, you need to rectify that situation immediately.

Note that this is about as “Chick Litty” as it gets, so if you have an aversion, stay faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar away. Me, on the other hand???? Well . . . . .



I’m giving this one all the stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment