Monday, June 17, 2019

Season to Taste by Natalie Young


18774305
4 Stars

I read this like two months ago, but I am SUCKING at posting anything lately so I’m just now getting around to it. Let’s start with the overall GR rating, shall we?



Yeesh. That’s low. Of course that means I loved it. #wrongreader4eva

The story here is a fairly simple one. After being married to Jacob for ages, Lizzie finally had enough one day and offed him. Left with the conundrum of how to dispose of the body in a way that would leave no evidence, Lizzie decided to do the most sensible thing . . . .



Eat him.

Makes this lady look totally normal, huh????



The remainder of the book is about Lizzie’s (ever-so-graphic) consumption of Jacob with a side order of . . . .

When I realized that my husband was dead, I also realized I had a chance to live.

Obviously this is not a book for everyone and obviously I kind of love fiction that is a little dark or taboo, which is 100% why I downloaded this from the library as soon as I heard of it. What I didn’t expect was to be presented with a story that was surprisingly an über macabre version of . . . .



This last month, I have had something to do, and I have had love. I am very lucky. It has been perfect.

Full Disclosure: I totally dry-heaved at the eating of the foot. Not only because feet are disgusting when they are attached to living human beings, but because absolutely no detail was spared when it came to the prep work, cooking or ingestion. Consider yourself warned – this is not for the weak stomached so have your barfbags handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment