Thursday, March 1, 2018

Youth In Revolt - The Journals of Nick Twisp by C.D. Payne


10050
3.5 Stars

Meet Nick Twisp. He used to fantasize about how he would grow up to be “Nick the Prick” – a real tough guy. But ever since he met Sheeni???? Well, let’s just say Nick’s . . . .



And a bitch charming young lady most definitely is one. Now Nick will do anything to be with his true love and reach the milestone all pubescent boys dream of . . . .



Let me just say right off the bat that Youth in Revolt is NOT for everyone. I assume reactions to oversexed Nick run the gamut from . . . .



To . . . .



To which I shall respond like so . . . .



If you are easily offended DO NOT read this. Nick is 100% offensive. Sadly so are his love interest, his best friend and his parents. On the other hand, if you want something completely over the top and scenes that will make you laugh out loud, this might work for you. Negatives for me were that these children were only FOURTEEN YEARS OLD and trying to get on the road to Pound Town, apparently it was written around the time I was a teen but it seemed waaaaaay older than that (like 20 years older), and that I listened to the audio and did not like the reader (who is probably like super famous and everyone loves him and now I get the honor of both reading AND listening wrong - yay me). Michael Cera stars in the movie and he pretty much just plays Michael Cera in everything he’s in, so if you’re a fan you should definitely check this one out. I know I will if I ever see it on one of the movie channels.

No comments:

Post a Comment