Tuesday, March 13, 2018

The Rains by Gregg Hurwitz


28220778
2 Stars

I picked The Rains up after my friend Lynn posted a status update about it being pretty gory for a teenie-bopper book. I didn’t really need to know anything else. Now that I’m finished????



Yeah, I may have been more than a bit long in the tooth to fully enjoy this one. But let’s not get ahead of things. I don’t know why, but for some reason I was expecting a story like this . . . .



Which was 100% inaccurate. Then I figured it was going to be yet another zombie story, which had me all . . . . .



But that ended up not being the case either. Instead it was all about . . . .



Ha! Just kidding. It actually started with . . . . .



But most definitely resulted in being the end of the world as we know it and, as always . . . . .



As a grown up, there were some issues that just kept niggling at my brain much like a sliver under my fingernail – one example being that this is supposed to be Chase Rain’s diary of events, yet he tells what happened that started it all EVEN THOUGH HE WAS MOVING HAY IN A DANG BARN AT THE TIME. Dudebrah had no clue what was going on at the neighbor’s. Otherwise it was just a little – okay A LOT - too young for me. But if you have a kid who enjoys LOTS of gore and tons of action with very little storyline to propel things along and isn’t allergic to the cliffy ending like I am, this might be a winner. 2 Stars because according to Goodreads that means “it was okay” and this one just aiiiight for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment