Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Daisy Jones and the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid


43998386
2 Stars

Actual footage of my reaction when I realized I was once again going to be a naysayer on yet another Taylor Jenkins Reid megahit . . . . .



I should have known better than to tempt fate after my miserable failure with Evelyn Hugo, but it was all over the Instagram and I am an easy mark.

I’ll be more than willing to take some of the blame for my experience here and say that from the cover/description I had definite opinions about what I was hoping the story would be like. Mainly in the form of . . . . .



And a playlist such as this on a loop in my brain . . . .


(#nailed it on that second one – thanks Brain!)

So what was the problem?????? I was expecting - at minimum . . . . .



Truth be told I wanted sex and drugs and all sorts of bad decisions. What I got instead?????



How was no one else not completely bored with this? What a snoozefest! I was sure the high ratings were going to end up being just a Bookstagram thing because most of those young’uns are young enough that they might not realize this story/the delivery really wasn’t a fresh idea and was 100% done before . . . .



But most of my fellow oldsters over here loved it too. I’ll just go suck some turtles, I guess.

All that smacktalking aside, there is one thing about Daisy Jones that is deserving of all the Starzzzzzzz and that is the audio. Making it to the end of this selection may have ended up being one of the greatest struggles of my life (first worlder here), but the full cast audio was amazing. Too bad I hated the story they were reading to me : (

Seriously, though, who my age didn’t have a crush on . . . . .



And while I never got the appeal of Benjamin Bratt from a looks standpoint, after hearing him talk to me for infinity (because this thing never effing ended), I have this to say to him . . . . .



Somehow after double fails, In Another Life is still calling my name. If that one ends up as a wrongread like these other two have, someone take me out of my misery if I ever mention reading another book by this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment