Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Drama by Raina Telgemeier


13436373
4 Stars

Drama was meant to be a Banned Books Week selection, but the wait list at the library was a little longer than anticipated (and hopefully full of children who were taking a stand against censorship and not just old ladies like me). Why it’s banned or challenged? Homosexuality – in the form of first crushes. In all actuality it's about the cast, but mainly crew, of the school play and all the goings on while they try to make it to opening night while battling first crushes, first heartbreak, mean girls, best friends, and all the other goings on of your typical 8th grader.

Dear Other Humans: It shouldn’t be that hard of a choice to make . . .



ANY book that a person wants to read is a book that should be available for reading.

As for any kiddo who might come across this “review?” Do you, little boo. Be true to yourself –you can play sports or be in the band or be in drama or want to kiss a girl or a boy – just be a good person. And now Imma borrow someone else’s much better words than my own do the talking . . . .

♫♪♫ When the sharpest words wanna cut me down
I'm gonna send a flood, gonna drown them out
I am brave, I am bruised I am who I'm meant to be, this is me

Look out 'cause here I come
And I'm marching on to the beat I drum
I'm not scared to be seen I make no apologies

THIS IS ME! ♫♪♫




And for my little BoobTube lovin’ buddy – here’s a clip that made me have all the feelings . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLFEv...

No comments:

Post a Comment