Monday, January 8, 2018

White Bodies by Jane Robins


32920301
3.5 Stars

Despite having to wait months in order to obtain a copy and receiving frequent messages from my book bestie such as . . . .


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Amazingly, I was unspoiled on White Bodies before beginning.

All I knew was that this was a story about adult twin sisters Tilda and Callie – one of which had some bizarre methods when it came to making sure the two would be as close as possible. Those things made me think . . . .



And that I definitely didn’t want to drink anything Callie had to offer. . . . .



I had no clue the inspiration behind this story was going to be this . . . .





In case you aren’t familiar, that is the premise behind . . . .



Which is one of my all-time faves (and somehow I still haven’t read Patricia Highsmith's book, so I should kick myself in the ass for being a failure). I’m going to zip it before I spill too much, but I will say while White Bodies didn’t have any twists I did not see coming, it did have the ewwwww factor as mentioned above which earns it a half star bump for originality when recreating such an oldie-but-goodie. It also did a better job than the other Strangers On A Train revamp I recently read (The Kind Worth Killing) when it came to making that something old new again and it was definitely a page turner since I finished it while also making dinner and serving my demon spawn during Saturday evening’s football game . . . .



#rolltide

No comments:

Post a Comment